TP link Deco X80-5G Router & Modification Services
WIFI Modification – Converts the internal WIFI antennas for external antenna use providing you with 2x SMA WIFI antenna ports.
- Router Options:
- Without Modifications selected – Includes a new, unused unlocked router that will be unmodified.
- With Modifications selected – Includes a new, unused unlocked router that will be modified to your selected modifications.
- Send your router – Requires you to send us your router for modification.
Full Mod – Provides 6x 4G SMA ports and 2x 5G N77/N78/N79 SMA Ports.
Part Mod – Part Modification – provides 2x 5G N77/N78/N79 SMA Ports.
NOTE: Only purchase the Part Mod service if you have either:
- (5G Router only) Damaged the factory external antenna ports while previously receiving 5G signal with an external antenna attached prior to damaging the ports.
- (5G Router only) Does not have factory external antenna ports but are receiving 5G signal via internal antennas and wish to improve the 5G signal.
If either of the above, do not apply to you then please purchase the full modification.
Please Note – All modifications (4G/5G & WIFI) removes and replaces all internal antennas for SMA external antenna ports. The internal antennas will no longer function. The router will be reliant on the new SMA ports for connectivity.
Router Modification Service
This Purchasing option is used to purchase our fantastic, well known and loved router antenna modification service.
This requires you to send your router to use for modification.
Modification Service Process:
Once you have completed the checkout process, please dispatch your router to the address within you purchase receipt (received via email) and provide us with the tracking information via email.
More details about the modification:
- Please look in our “FAQ” section for our more frequently asked questions.
- For more information and what this modification can, do take a look at our “Modification Info” page.
- Download and read our “Modification User Manual” in the download tab below
More Tools & Information:
Need help getting up an running?. Don’t forget Router-Mods offer an onsite installation service. Click here for more information.
Download our advance guides for more in-dept details for everything you need to know for the perfect installation.
Don’t forget to take a look at our “installation prep” free guide.
If you have any further questions, please contact us.
Certification: RoHS, CE, RCM
Operating Temperature: 0°C~40°C (32°F~104°F)
Storage Temperature: -40°C~60°C (-40°F~140°F)
Operating Humidity: 10%~90%RH
Storage Humidity: 5%~90%RH
· Package Contents for Deco X80-5G(1-pack):
1 Deco X80-5G unit
1 RJ45 Ethernet Cable
1 RJ11 Telephony Cable
1 Power Adapter
1 Quick Installation Guide
Hardware Wireless Others
· 5G: N1/N3/N5/N7/N8/N20/N28/N38/N40/N41/N77/N78/N79
· 4G FDD-LTE: B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B18/B19/B20/B26/B28
· 4G TDD-LTE: B34/B38/B39/B40/B41/B42/B43
· Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11a/n/ac/ax 5 GHz,
IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ax 2.4 GHz
· Mesh Protocol: 802.11k/v/r‡
· Frequency: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
· Signal Rate: 1148 Mbps on 2.4 GHz, 4804 Mbps on 5 GHz†
· Transmit Power: ≤20 dBm (2.4 GHz), ≤23 dBm (5 GHz)
· Wireless Security: WPA/WPA2-PSK/WPA3 encryptions**
· Working Mode: 5G/4G Router, Router, Access Point
· WAN Type: Dynamic IP/Static IP/PPPoE/L2TP/PPTP
· Protocols: Supports IPv4 and IPv6
· Guest Network: 2.4 GHz Guest Network×1, 5 GHz Guest Network×1
· Features: VoLTE Telephony***, Parental Controls, QoS (Quality of
Service), Anti-virus, Address Reservation, Port Forwarding, TP-Link
DDNS, IPTV, IPv6, LED Control, Smart Connect, Optional Ethernet
backhaul,1024-QAM△, MU-MIMO△, OFDMA△, BSS Color△
· CPU: 2.2 GHz Quad-Core CPU
· Ethernet Port: 1×2.5 Gigabit port + 1×1 Gigabit port (WAN/LAN
· Button: 1 RESET button on the underside
· Antenna: 8× LTE/5G internal antennas + 8× Wi-Fi internal antennas
+ 2× external antenna interface
· Power Consumption (without power adapter): 25.5 W max
· Dimensions (W × D × H): 8.3 × 5.1 × 4.8 in (210.5 × 130 × 123 mm)
· Power Adapter Input: 100-240 V~ 50-60 Hz 1.5 A
· Power Adapter Output: 12 V 4 A
TP-Link Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System Deco X80-5G
5G External Antenna Ports
2.5 Gigabit WAN/LAN Port
Nano SIM Card Slot
1 Gigabit WAN/LAN Port
Attention: This device may only be used indoors in all EU member states, EFTA countries and Northern Ireland.
Attention: This device may only be used indoors in Great Britain.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. All the brands and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Maximum wireless signal rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual wireless data throughput and wireless coverage, and quantity of connected devices are not guaranteed and will vary as a result of network conditions, client limitations, and environmental factors,
including building materials, obstacles, volume and density of traffic, and client location.
Clients need to support 802.11k/v/r and may require additional setup. Performance may vary depending on the client device.
△Use of Wi-Fi 6 and other features including OFDMA, MU-MIMO, 1024-QAM, and BSS Color require clients to also support the corresponding features.
Maximum 5G download and upload speeds depend on external factors such as the local 5G network coverage, data plan, real-time network capacity, client limitations, and environmental factors. Supported 5G frequency bands: n1/n3/n5/n7/n8/n20/n28/n38/n40/n41/n77/n78/n79. Actual supported frequency
bands may vary slightly in different regions due to certification.
**Use of WPA3 encryption requires clients to also support the corresponding feature.
***VoLTE telephony is only enabled for certain carriers. It also requires the user to have VoLTE services enabled on the service plan for the SIM card that is used with this device.
****All WAN/LAN ports will operate as either WAN or LAN ports. Only one port can serve as a WAN port at a time.
HomeShield includes the Free Basic Plan. Fees apply for the Pro Plan. Visit www.tp-link.com/homeshield for more information.